In 1986, Reind Brackman, 24 at the time, and Allart Okx founded Beo (Brackman electronics and optics) in the Netherlands. Beo represented Compulite in the Benelux, selling and servicing light tables.
In 1999 new regulations came into force resulting in a major change within Dutch theaters: all theaters were obligated to replace manual fly systems with mechanical fly systems. As a consequence, theaters had a lower budget for lighting computers.
Reind Brackman saw an opportunity and started to develop solutions to mechanize fly systems. Trekwerk was born.
With the design and development of The New Machine Software (TNM) in 2000 we further paved the road to our success: one client interface with operator software to control all automized items we manufacture for your over-, on- and under stage drive elements. With the TNM the communication between artists and technicians improved significantly as the system is designed to be easy-to-use.
With the acquisition of the former Stakebrand in 2009, and the launch of the CueSupport department, Trekwerk was able to not only design but also build and maintain soft- and hardware applications for their customers.
At the end of 2019, the three departments became three distinguished operating companies: BEO Trekwerk, BEO Staal and CueSupport. To facilitate these companies the BEO Group was set up.
Together, we have designed, built and installed over 120 theater systems worldwide.
You may already have experienced our technology without even knowing it!
Our references include, but are not limited to, the National Theater in Oslo, the Barbican Theater in London, Stadsschouwburg in Amsterdam and the Berliner Festspiele in Berlin.
Please click here to view a selection of our reference projects.
What do we do?
As a part of the BEO Group , Trekwerk designs, engineers and constructs technical stage solutions and installations for theaters, concert halls and events. Our solution entails building and developing control software, winches, steel constructions and customized engineering in theaters.
Once a project is completed we offer after care through full service & training.
Our People: We Are Trekwerk
Yes, our products are great and our service is outstanding. But our people are our greatest assets. They make the difference. They innovate, engineer, produce, construct and maintain your system.
To guarantee a smooth project we organise ourselves in dedicated project teams:
- Our expert engineers are specifically trained and experienced in stage technology.
- Our development team at BEO Staal and Trekwerk are dedicated to steel fabrication, electrical manufacturing.
- Our software engineer customize the client interface based on your needs.
- Our project managers are proactive and efficient and work closely with you to realize your project.
- We have experienced installers.
- Our team works closely together with our customer, following our process.
Our colleagues at CueSupport train your operators and make sure that you always have a safe and well maintained installation.
The commitment of our people ensures that your show will always go on. They are devoted to theater.
Our key values can best be described as creative, personal and committed:
- creative: by thinking out of the box we turn your ideas into reality
- personal: we are focused on the long-term relationship. Our economic engine is driven by true partnerships with our customers
- committed: our people are responsible, resilient, service and solution minded
Curious about the pink elephant that you can find on our homepage? Click here to find out why the pink elephant turned into a symbol of our organizational culture.